Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Krrish - Qqquite Goood

If you understand the title of this post, you're halfway to quarterway to 1/16th on you're way to greatness. I'm kidding. Only I'm great.

That said, let me tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed Krrish. If you were wondering how I was going to bitch about Krrish, having said that I liked it, let me also tell you that I. HATE. PRIYANKA. CHOPRA. Yes people, she deserves to fed to the lions after smearing pickle all over her. She is a miserable, stinking excuse for an actress. I'll butcher anyone who says that the 'role' didn't give her any 'scope to perform'. What the hell does that mean anyway? If there is no 'scope to perform' as you say, then why take the role? Doesn't that imply that she has taken the role either for money or for money and I'm inclined to agree with both.

Back to the point, Priyanka is baaaaad in this movie. And in all movies. In fact, she is just plain bad. But again, I meander. She has this oh-so-not-pretty-face that goes Oooh and Aaaah all the time with no actual facial emotions to show for it. She can't dance, atleast not in front of Hrithik who seems like he's dancing on air. Speaking of which, why do all his stops involve flopping his arms about or jiggling her knees? He can do better than that surely. His performance is quite credible in the movie, he acquits himself well. But, the point here is that such a movie (i.e a superhero movie) is being made for the first time in India. And it works, Krrish comes off as a very likable hero with some cool moves at his disposal. But I don't understand why he has to leap everywhere like he's running. The scene showing him 'running' down from a tall building in Singapore is simply silly. The rest of it well, is pretty good. Again, I say this for an Indian movie.

Right off the bat, you cannot compare this to say, Superman. That's like comparing me to God. Wait a minute, I AM God. Anyway, the special effects are actually quite good, although the jumping scenes look fake. Take the Superman trailer for example, the last scene shows a bullet shot right into Supe's eye and the bullet just crumples up. Wooooh baby! Those are the scenes that a superhero movie should have!

Krrish is worth a watch if you can stomach Priyanka Chopra. Better still, if you can't, do what I did and ignore her for the entire movie. She and her aggravating friend 'Honey', their bullshit 'Boss' who happens to be Archana Puran Singh in yet another mediocre accented role. Man, I hate their bullshit. Throw it all out, and you have a simple superhero movie. Plus there's Rekha!

No comments: