Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stupidity is Omnipresent...

I was just minding my own business today, just staying at home doing what I do best - nothing, when I decided to switch on the TV (something I do pretty rarely mind you), and seeing as there was nothing else to watch, decided to watch the news (something i never do). Suddenly, it happened. As always, stupidity seemed to galvanise me, so much so, that I decided to actually sit down and write about it.

What happened that was so stupid that I overcame my writer's block??? A case; breing filed against several comedians and hosts of the popular show, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 2. The reason??? Apparently, some of the jokes were derogatory to women, so they decided to come up in arms against it and sue the asses off Shekhar Suman, Sidhu and Sunil Shetty.

What the hell is wrong with people??? Can't they take a joke anymore? What if all the Sardars tomorrow decided to sue half the country for spreading Sardar jokes? What if eunuchs suddenly decided that they've had enough of actors protraying them as joke feed on TV and movies and sued all the producers and actors? What if the world sued me because I poke fun at it all the time? Come on, grow a spinal column here. The jokes were hilarious and really quite varied. There is even a complaint that some of the jokes were directed at Adnan Sami and his rather large posterior.

So tomorrow, Jay Leno can expect to get sued for making fun of Bush, Gore and the rest of America's politicians??? Is this what we are trying to show?? Get your heads out of your asses and listen up! People need to learn to be able to laugh at themselves. You can't go about suing everyone who makes a few jokes about you. It's pathetic. Some of the best jokes I've heard are rascist, sexist and anti-religion. I don't care what the joke is about as long as its funny.

Bah! The best thing on television has to stop because a few women decided to step into the limelight. I say, we recite feminist jokes just to spite their sorry fame-seeking asses. I dare them to sue Jay Leno, George Carlin and other comedians for their jokes. They'd get chased out so fast, they wouldn't have time to shit. Goddamn freaks!

And pray tell, why would they sue the hosts? Are they expected to nod their head sagely, and tell the comedian "Sir, you're jokes are fricking funny, but they're rascist and Indians are a bigoted people with no propensity to laugh at themselves. Therefore, please restrict your jokes to the absolutely hilarious field of inanimate objects." Laloo Prasad will make a fortune if this suit against the show and its participants is successful. Imagine, a country ruled by Laloo Prasad Yadav and his legion of Sardars. Idiots.

No comments: