Thursday, August 21, 2008

Socio-Econo-Politico-Sporto-relevant post

Current mood: Shocked!

Sorry, that was a parody (a lame one I know) of Wordpress. Two of my friends just moved there, so............. I had to.

However, I am genuinely shocked at a very recent event that happened that concerns all of us. Namely, the posting of four (4, quatro, vier, numero charo) comments on my previous post regarding Abinav Bhindra.

What is wrong with us? As the future generation of this country, we are expected to have an apathetic attitude towards sports, socially relevant issues and politics (not necessarily in that order.) I consider myself to be a patriotic Indian of the first Order. I make it a point to not care when something important happens, I don't follow the news, I don't cheer for India (unless it's for cricket of course) and I definitely don't follow _politics_. Sheesh! What is this country coming to?

And now I hear that people actually want to COME BACK to India, after education abroad! Hello!!! What the hell happened to those good ol' days when we would emigrate en masse to different countries, drive taxis and cabs there that we could have driven here, participate in community welfare programs there that we could have done here, express a concern for the environment that we could express here.

I am appalled at the lack of apathy being shown by todays youth. Stop caring. Really, it's not expected of you. What's next? A political party formed by students from IIT?! Hahahahah! That was a good one!! Oh.... wait.

Wait, I have another one; let me try again. What's next? Are we going to start winning medals in anything other than cricket (have we, incidentally???!) and "shootings" (which was obviously a fluke!!!) ?????/ Oh...... wait.

Damn, I'm running out of things to say; Ok, one last attempt. What's next? Are we going to defy the world and sign a nuclear deal with the United States, while secretly being able to develop bombs that will wipe out "insurgents, rebels, terrorism-by-proxy and plain ol' crazies) ? Oh..... wait.

Shit.

PS - The views expressed above are not my own. They are of Hindustani Pathloon; a guy who guest writes for my blog. I have nothing to do with him.

3 comments:

Shiv said...

Current Status: LMAO!

Things have not changed as much as the post depicts though! The political system still sucks. The sporting scene atleast makes one hopeful of a better future of sports. One can keep wishing for the better while doing out bit!!! :)

Si_Lee said...

pathloon ?
where on earth..who on earth taught you that word in hindi..???
on a more serious note .. you contradict yourself in your post man ... your posts show that everything you see here despises you and you write because you cant bear it and you cant bear it because you care .. else you would have turned a blind eye...
logical..

RukmaniRam said...

hindustani pathloon?? seriously? hahahahaha